| || |
Download the SXNS-10 poster
>> Summary of the main topics disccussed at the conference
The 10th SXNS conference will take place from 2nd to 5th of July, 2008 nearby Paris, jointly organized by SOLEIL, the new French synchrotron source, and the Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, the French neutron source. This series, started in 1989 in Marseille, brings together researchers studying surfaces and interfaces of solid, liquid, biological and soft matter via neutron or x-ray (either hard, soft, or EUV) scattering techniques.
The main topics selected for the conference are:
- Film growth and surface structure
- Surfaces and interfaces of liquids and soft condensed matter
- Magnetism of layered materials and interfaces; resonant scattering
- Time resolved in-situ studies and Dynamics
- Nanostructured Matter
- Coherent X-ray scattering and imaging
- Membranes and biologically active interfaces
- Instrumentation and Theory developments
- Opportunities from new facilities
Previous conferences in this series were held in Taipei, Taiwan (2006), Bad Honnef, Germany (2004), Lake Tahoe, USA (2002), Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands (1999), Oxford, UK (1997), Lake Geneva, USA (1995), Dubna, Russia (1993), Bad Honnef, Germany (1991), and Marseille, France (1989).